How can I help you?
- Do you own jewelry and are curious about the value of it, or perhaps there are stones present you do not recognise?
- Do you need your jewelry evaluated; perhaps for insurance purposes?
- Does your school need a speaker or a lecturer on the topic of gemstones?
- Would you like to learn how to use the equipment used to identify gemstones and minerals?
- Are you looking for somewhere to sell your jewelry?
- Do you own a business who occasionally or regularly requires the services of a qualified gemmologist?
- Does your business require expert help in driving sales or promoting your expertise in the field of gemstones and jewelry?
How do you identify a gemstone and how is it done?
- The stone is inspected by eye and with a loupe. The raw crystals can often be used to identify the crystal sequence which is a good indication of identity
- The optical features are also inspected:
- refraction of light
- surface attributes and reflective properties
- The inclusions are also inspected, are they specific to any specific mineral
- Has the stone undergone any procedures?
- Is the stone synthetic or natural?